Personal tax account: sign in or set up

πŸ˜§πŸ˜”πŸ˜œ Use your personal tax account to check your records and manage your details with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

πŸ˜§πŸ˜”πŸ˜œ This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

πŸ˜§πŸ˜”πŸ˜œ To use this service, you’ll need to prove your identity using Government Gateway. You’ll be able to register for Government Gateway if you have not used it before.

πŸ˜§πŸ˜”πŸ˜œ You can no longer use GOV.UK Verify to prove your identity.

πŸ˜§πŸ˜”πŸ˜œ There’s a different service to file your Self Assessment tax return or report and pay Capital Gains Tax on UK property.

Start now

What you need to know

πŸ˜§πŸ˜”πŸ˜œ You can use your personal tax account to:

  • check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
  • fill in, send and view a personal tax return
  • claim a tax refund
  • check your income from work in the previous 5 years
  • check how much Income Tax you paid in the previous 5 years
  • check and manage your tax credits
  • check your State Pension
  • track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
  • check or update your Marriage Allowance
  • tell HMRC about a change of name or address
  • check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance
  • find your National Insurance number